DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL/FISHERIES SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL SCIENCE AND FISHERIES
There is established for the profession of Animal Science an Institute known as the Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS) by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, (Act No 26 of 2007). The functions of the Institute include:-
- Prescribe and regulate the standards of academic qualification and practical skills to be attained by persons seeking to become Animal Scientists.
- Regulate the practice of the profession for Animal Scientist.
- Ensure that Animal Science Practitioners in Nigeria uphold the ethics of the profession and guarantee the production of high quality animal protein.
- Advance the education science technology and art of Animal Science and Livestock production.
- Educate the public on Animal Science activities.
In view of these realities the department offers courses which have been designed to develop scientists with a broad knowledge of animal production processes and industries, a new orientation towards self-employment and private enterprise, creativity and inventiveness.
The overall objective of the programme is to train students to acquire skill and competence for services as animal scientists and fishers specialists. Graduates of this programme will serve as a major source of manpower for the following establishments.
- The livestock industry.
- Government ministries and parastatls.
- International organizations which emphasize Animal/Fisheries production.
- Agriculture Departments of Commercial Banks.
- Universities and other Educational and Research Establishment and above all, graduates of the department of Animal/Fishers Science Management are better equipped to established their own business.
|B.I. Odo||DVM(Nig),M.sc.(Esut) Animal Health and production||senior lecturer||08036100835 firstname.lastname@example.org||Animal Health and production|
|M.O Akpa||B.Sc(Ibadan), M.Sc.(Nig)||senior lecturer||08033389077 email@example.com||Animal Nutrition|
|S.O Alaku||B.Sc,Ph.D(Ibadan),Enviromental physiology,Animal Production||Professor||08035484693, email:firstname.lastname@example.org||Enviromental physiology|
|B.N Marire||Dvm(Ibadan),M.Sc Therio(ABU),FNCVS. Animal Health and production||Professor||08033305360 mail:email@example.com||Animal Health and production|
|I.J Chidobem||B.Sc(Nig), M.Sc. Ph.D (Jos),Applied hydrobiology and coherics.||Professor||0803744543 mail:firstname.lastname@example.org||Applied hydrobiology and coherics|
|Ezike C.||B.SC(ABU),M.SC(Jos),Hydrobiology and Fisheries||Lecturer 11||+234-0806-023-0717 E-mail: email@example.com||Hydrobiology and Fisheries|
|Igugo Raymond Uredime||M.SC (Animal Production & Management)B.Agric N.C.E(Agric Education), M.Sc (animal science)||Ass. lecturer||+2348064080127, firstname.lastname@example.org||Animal production and management|
|Nebo Stella Ogbonne||08039661153, mail: email@example.com|
|Chijioke Eunice Nwabuno||08063412035, mail|:eunicenwabuno.@esut.edu.ng|
|Mrs. Imoh Calister chinyere||07082924554,mail:firstname.lastname@example.org|